Building My Mansion: D.C., Miami & New York

👠 Building My Mansion: D.C., Miami & New York


There was a time when owning a storefront felt like one of those things I would only dream of. The beautiful woman behind the desk. The keys to her own business. Her name on the lease. Employees waiting for her to arrive. Customers walking through the door because they already knew what the brand represented.


I wanted that.


And eventually, I realized not only did I want a business. I wanted an empire with a point of view. That’s where the Icy Mansion comes in.


My first location is in Washington, D.C.—my foundation. I picture a beautiful storefront with a luxury waxing studio tucked inside, surrounded by everything that makes an Icy Mansion girl feel like herself: lingerie, robes, beauty products, fragrance, and those little indulgences that turn an ordinary day into something special. 

The studio is intimate but elevated. Nothing about the experience should feel clinical or rushed. You walk in knowing you’re about to be taken care of. And I want my clients to know me. Not just as the owner, but as the woman who created the world they’re stepping into.


Once D.C. is established, I’m taking the Mansion somewhere completely different:


Miami.

Miami is where I let the brand loosen its robe a little. It’s warmer, sexier, more playful. Think glossy skin, swimwear, bronzed beauty, champagne-colored interiors, and girls getting ready for their next vacation. The Miami location becomes a destination for waxing, shopping, beauty appointments, and that little feeling of I just arrived.


Then comes the city I’ve always associated with fashion, ambition, and reinvention:

New York. New York is the location that tells me I’ve really done it. I see the Icy Mansion storefront somewhere beautiful, with enough personality that you could recognize it from across the street. Inside, the retail space feels like fashion meets femininity—lingerie, swim, robes, beauty, fragrance. Behind it, the wax studio keeps the business grounded in the service that helped build the brand.


And eventually, I’m not the girl doing everything herself. That’s important to me. I want a team. I want managers. I want girls who are excited to come to work because they believe in what we’re building. I want to walk into one of my locations and see the business moving without me having to touch every single thing. That’s what ownership looks like to me. Not being busy for the sake of being busy. Building something that can grow beyond you.


D.C. becomes the foundation. Miami becomes the fantasy. New York becomes the fashion capital of my little world. And somewhere between the three, I’m living the life I used to daydream about. I’m flying in for meetings, reviewing collections, checking merchandising, meeting with my team, planning campaigns, looking at real estate, and deciding what’s next.


Because there is always a next.

A new collection.

A new city.

A new business idea.

Another door to open.


I’ve never wanted to make myself smaller just because the dream sounded expensive, complicated, or a little outrageous. If I’m going to dream, I want the whole picture.

The storefront. The beauty empire. The fashion. The travel. The lifestyle. The freedom.

And I want my name attached to something that makes another young woman think: I could build that too.

That’s the real Mansion. A world I created—and a reminder that a woman can be both the vision and the CEO of it.

Comments

Popular Posts