The Mansion Muse 🌹 Manhattan Apartment

The Mansion Muse — Manhattan, Finally
There are nights when I still pause at my windows just to stare at the skyline.
The city glows back at me in golds, whites, and soft pink reflections against the glass. Yellow cabs move like glitter below my building while jazz hums quietly through my apartment speakers. Somewhere downtown, someone is falling in love. Somewhere uptown, a girl is slipping into vintage fur before a dinner reservation. And here I am — inside the life I used to journal about in tiny bedrooms back in Atlanta.
My Manhattan apartment feels less like a home and more like a living moodboard.
Leopard textures layered against cream silk bedding. Gold vanity trays overflowing with perfume oils, diamond-toned lip glosses, and jewelry I forget to put away after late nights. Faux fur draped over chairs like old Hollywood starlets just left moments ago. Giant decorative fans leaning against the walls. Soft lamp lighting. Incense smoke curling through the room while I answer overseas manufacturer emails from bed.
Every corner feels cinematic.
Most mornings begin slowly now.
I wake up to the city skyline glowing blue through my curtains before pilates downtown and espresso runs before class at Fashion Institute of Technology. Studying Fashion Business Management in Manhattan feels surreal sometimes — sitting in classrooms discussing luxury branding, merchandising, forecasting, and global fashion strategy while quietly building Icy Mansion into the exact kind of brand I used to research for hours online.
Sometimes after class, I walk through Chelsea or SoHo still carrying my Ballerina Pink Neverfull while on calls with manufacturers or planning upcoming launches.
Afterward, I stop for iced matcha or a fresh veggie juice before heading to a hair appointment or glam session. My beauty maintenance days have become rituals instead of errands — scalp treatments, glossy black blowouts, Russian manicures, soft brown smoky eyes, body oils that smell expensive.
Looking polished is part of the art direction of my life now.
The Icy Mansion studio has grown into something bigger than I imagined. What started as sketches, blog posts, and late-night ideas turned into a booming online boutique with girls across the world ordering pieces that make them feel glamorous. Some weeks we host private showroom events with champagne towers, satin dress codes, DJs spinning Y2K R&B, and women networking in crystals and stilettos while previewing upcoming collections.
I still get emotional seeing women wear something I created.
Some nights my girlfriends and I disappear into tiny sushi restaurants tucked into hidden Manhattan streets. We order too many spicy tuna rolls, lychee martinis, crispy rice, and gossip about fashion week parties we probably shouldn’t have been invited to in the first place. Afterwards we wander SoHo in heels carrying shopping bags filled with vintage Galliano, fur coats, or random little luxury things nobody technically needs.
But glamour has never really been about necessity.
Twice a month, I’m usually somewhere else in the world.
Shanghai for sourcing fabrics and wandering luxury malls with espresso in hand. Paris for fashion archives, café mornings, and pretending I’m fluent in French while shopping for perfume. London for rainy bookstore afternoons, vintage designer hunting, and quiet hotel nights spent sketching future collections for Icy Mansion.
Travel stopped feeling like escape and started feeling like expansion.
I’ve become the kind of woman who spends Sundays at spa hotels, takes French classes for fun, attends gallery openings in black silk dresses, and signs business contracts between flights. Some evenings I take art classes just to romanticize my life a little more — creating beauty while wearing cashmere and gold jewelry with my phone face-down for once.
Sometimes I still sit quietly and think about the girl I used to be — exhausted, overwhelmed, trying to survive while carrying huge dreams nobody else could fully see yet.
She would lose her mind if she saw this apartment.
She would cry seeing the skyline.
She would touch every fur hanging in the closet just to make sure it was real.
And honestly?
So do I sometimes.

Comments
Post a Comment